Titanium, Niobium and Other Reactive Metals Anodizing System
Titanium and Niobium can be anodized to create a myriad of colors, rainbow effects and other creative colored patterns simply and easily with our kit.
The metal is cleaned with the included degreaser, rinsed in water, then placed into the drain safe and non hazardous anodizing solution.
A stainless steel cathode is used and attached to the negative terminal of the high voltage power supply. The part being anodized is attached to the positive terminal.
By varying the DC voltage between 20 and 120 volts, using the supplied masking tape to mask off certain areas on the part and slowly removing and re-inserting the part into the bath, an unlimited amount of colors and patterns can be achieved.
Also, with the included pen wands, spot anodizing can be done to allow you to hand draw patterns onto these metals.
NOTE: This kit will only work on Titanium, Niobium, Tantalum and other Reactive Metals. It will not anodize aluminum, stainless or other metals.
The kit includes:
- 120V, 1 amp DC Power Supply. 120V AC Input, 50/60hz with 3 Prong US Grounded Plug and 3 Leads
- 2 Gallon HDPE Tank and Lid
- 1 lb Titanium Anodizing Powder (Mix with 1 gallon distilled water)
- 1 Pint Liquid Degreaser
- 4″ x 8″ Stainless Steel Cathode
- Anti Spark Protector Mesh for cathode
- Roll of Masking Tape (2″ wide x 72 Yards Long)
- Titanium Hanging Wire
- 3 Pen Wands with Fine, Dome and Angled Tips
- Protective Gloves
- Instruction Sheet
CAUTION: This kit operates at high voltage and low amperage. High Voltages can be lethal. Read all safety precuations before use. Power Supply should be plugged into a GFCI outlet and all normal high voltage protective measures must be observed. GFCI outlets provide some measure of protection, but are not foolproof.
Additional items possibly required:
- Distilled water for mixing and rinsing
- Electrical Tape for insulating connections
- GFCI outlet or plug in GFCI (available at DIY stores)
- Small knife for cutting masks