Make non-conductive items such as plastics, resins, leather, ceramics, cardboard, flowers, leaves, roses etc. conductive so they can be plated.
Copper Conductive Paint is an inexpensive alternative to our highly conductive Silvaspray™ silver conductive paint.
Porous items such as leather, cardboard, plants etc. should first be dipped in our Sealer Concentrate. Most plastics can be sprayed directly. No primer required.
After spraying parts with the conductive paint, allow to dry and dip in Tinning Solution, then plate with our Acid Copper Plating Kit. Works best when sprayed with a small airbrush or Preval Sprayer. Painting with a brush can be difficult and will not come out smooth.
Water based, latex paint. Non toxic and non hazardous. Can be thinned if desired with up to 6:1 water. Air dries in 1 hour. Coverage approx 20 sq ft per 4 fl oz.
It can be applied directly onto acrylic, ABS and structural foams, as well as solvent sensitive materials such as polycarbonate and polystyrene. It can be applied to almost any other non-porous surface, just use a latex primer first.
- Ideal for electroforming.
- Good surface resistivity of <1 Ohm/sq at 1 mil dry film thickness. Attenuation: more than 75 dB from 30 MHz to 1.5 GHz.
- Dried coating is stable up to 250° F.
- Covers 670 ft² per gallon per mil thickness if application is 100% efficient
- RoHS Compliant.
- VOC: 1.0 ± 0.1 lbs/gallon (120.0 ± 12 grams/liter)
- Requires a small airbrush or Preval Sprayer.
- Conductive coatings will reach their final hardness and lowest surface resistivity approximately 24 hours after application.
- Mix well before and during use
Requires a small airbrush or Preval Sprayer.
Note: This method requires plating with a tank plating kit after application. You cannot brush plate over the conductive layer. We also do not recommend plating with electroless kits. The heat tends to disbond the paint.
Available in 4 oz cans.