For Stainless Steel:
Stainless Steel Blackener 370 is an acidic liquid concentrate used full strength or diluted with up to 3 parts water to blacken stainless steel at room temperature. Recommended for color coding parts and blackening engravings on stainless steels. Produces a pleasing dark gray/black finish. Seal with Caswell Sealer.
Now also available in a Gel formula kit. Blackener stays where you put it. Simply apply with a brush or swab, allow to sit on the part for 1-2 minutes and rinse off. Then seal with the included Caswell Sealer.
Stainless Steel Blackener Gel Kit Includes:
- 4 fl oz Stainless Steel Blackener Gel (covers approx 2 sq ft)
- 4 fl oz Caswell Sealer
- Disposable Vinyl Gloves
- STAINLESS STEEL BLACKENER GEL
1. Clean parts with detergent based degreaser. Rinse with distilled water
2. 300 Series Stainless may need to be swabbed in a 50% muriatic acid/water solution prior to blackening. Rinse with distilled water.
3. Apply Gel with brush or cotton swab. Allow blackener to sit on part for 1-2 minutes until desired level of black is achieved. Rinse off with distilled water.
4. While still wet from rinse, seal with Caswell Sealer. Allow to air dry, or use a hair dryer.
Use at room temperature full strength or dilute with up to 4oz water. Dry time is approximately 10 minutes can accelerate by heated air. Brush on or dip part.