AN ELECTRICAL COPPER STRIPPER
FOR STRIPPING COPPER FROM STEEL OR
MetalX Copper Stripper is an electrical copper stripper with the exceptional ability to throw into very deep recesses. It also has the ability to plate out the stripped copper making the bath last indefinitely. It contains no ammonia or ammonia compounds.
- 2.5 lbs of Copper Stripper stripper makes 1 gallon of stripping solution.
- Use plastic or lined stainless steel tanks. If unlined stainless steel tanks are used, some copper will stick to the tank walls.
- Stripping tank can operate at room temperature. In cold climates, heat may be used to raise the tank temp to 80-120F. Use a titanium or glass heater.
- Use Stainless Steel or copper cathodes.
- Use steel or titanium wire to hang the parts. Copper wire will be dissolved.
- A DC power source with an adjustable voltage of 0-12V is required. Amperage requirements are approximately 20 amps per square foot of part surface area. (0.13 amps per square inch)
- Agitation should be used. Occasional filtration is recommended to remove small particles of copper from the bath.
- To use, connect part to positive side of power supply. Connect cathodes to negative side. Stripping usually requires 3-6V DC.
- Instruction sheet will be provided with purchase.
Also available: Copper Stripping Kit
The copper stripping kit contains everything you need, except a DC power supply, to strip copper from aluminum and steel. See Copper Stripping Kit, or CSKIT1.