NO CAUSTIC AMINES
The only one-component, non-toxic, powdered, immersion nickel strippers on the market.
Caswell Inc. distributes three MetalX Nickel Strippers:
- MetalX B-9 strips nickel from steel, without etching the base metal.
- MetalX B-929 strips nickel from copper, brass, zinc diecast, pot metal, silver and gold, without etching the base metal.
- MetalX B-913 strips nickel from aluminum, without etching the base metal.
MetalX strippers will strip nickel at the rate of 2 mils per hour, and will strip 2.5-6 ounces of nickel per gallon of stripper solution. Electroless nickel will strip at the same rate, providing the phosphorous content does not exceed 5%. Higher phosphorous electroless nickel will take longer to strip.
- 2.5 lbs of MetalX stripper makes 1 gallon of stripping solution.
- Use plastic, unlined steel or stainless steel tanks
- Agitation is required during stripping
- Stripping tank must operate between 120°F-150°F. To prolong bath life, heating should be discontinued immediately after stripping is complete.
- Stainless steel or titanium heaters must be used. No quartz or ceramic heaters.
Instruction sheet will be provided with purchase.