- Rub on a pure silver plate. Static electricity makes it work.
- Great for flatware, jewelry, musical instruments.
- Great for repairing worn silver plated items.
A great new way to re-silver:
knobs, bezels, ornaments, flatware, contacts, etc, etc.
For old silver objects, simply apply a small amount of SILVERSMITH or SILVERPLATER to a soft cloth, and rub gently. The part will be etched clean and plated with a substantial layer of SILVER within a matter of seconds, as you polish. Rinse in fresh water and dry with a clean soft cloth.
SILVERSMITH or SILVERPLATER can be applied to surfaces made, or plated with, nickel, copper, bronze, brass, zinc. It will NOT work on base metals such as steel and aluminum. (But you could plate these with nickel first). The part should be highly buffed and polished before application.
As this is a real silver plate, it will tarnish gradually as with normal silver plate. A light rub over with a small quantity of SILVERSMITH or SILVERPLATER will soon restore the shine. Reflectors should last several years before needing a further application. Unlike metal polishes, SILVERSMITH or SILVERPLATER actually applies more metal each time you use it. Made with 99.99% pure silver.
SILVERSMITH contains cyanide and can only be sold to businesses.
SILVERPLATER is cyanide free, and works just as well as SILVERSMITH. The silver is applied more slowly.
Silverplater is formulated for use on the finest Sterling and Silver plate. It restores by re-plating worn areas with PURE SILVER. Makes tarnished items look new again. Silverware need never wear out when cleaned with Silverplater.
- Prepare the base metal, (Copper, Brass, Etc.), by polishing with an non-abrasive metal polish like our all purpose E-Z Shine Metal Polish.
- Shake well before and during application.
- Apply SILVERPLATER with a soft clean cloth and rub object briskly.
- Wash with Hot Water
- Dry with a soft cloth.
Wear Rubber Gloves when using the product.
Keep off of all painted and varnished items.